Sunday, August 22, 2010

22.08.2010

This weekend was a great weekend.  I got to spend time with my friend Amy, who I haven't seen in two years!  We had margaritas, guacamole, and salsa from El Vez, we shopped, and had gelato from Capogiro's.  It was a delightful Saturday!  We were able to catch up on all sorts of things, but we mainly talked about our time living abroad... we're both "homesick". 

I came home to receive a lovely new addition to my kitchen:




Two Beautiful Violet Le Creuset Rectangular Dishes.  LOVE!

So, I had sliced some aubergine, wrapped some mozzerella cheese in it, chopped up some fresh tomatoes, used some jarred sauce, crushed up some seasoned crutons, and put some asiago & parmesan cheese on top:



stuck it in the oven for an hour:




and enjoyed:




Today was also a productive day of writing, laundry, and catching up on some shows online.  Upon receiving a great suggestion from Renee Johnson, I'll be incorporating some devotionals and parts of my testimony in my blog.  Whatever your beliefs may be, your comments are always welcome!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

xx r.

No comments:

Post a Comment